The aim of establishing an Annual Fund is to encourage everyone associated with Cokethorpe to consider participating through the donation of regular or one-off gifts. All the money raised each year is spent on the target projects for that year and allocated according to the preferences and wishes of the donors. Gifts of any size can make a genuine difference to the School, immediately adding value to the quality of a Cokethorpe education. The Fund means that the School can provide the added extras that allows it to continue to offer an exceptional, innovative and broad-based education.
The Governing Body and Senior Management Team approved the launch of the Annual Fund in November 2009 and pledged their support. The Annual Fund committee was then established and meets annually. This committee considers projects proposed by current staff and parents, with the successful projects chosen according to assessed need and appeal. The Annual Fund runs for the length of the academic year, with regular updates and an Annual Report produced for the previous year. We are incredibly grateful for all the support shown to date and would be delighted if parents, former pupils and friends pledge to contribute before the end of the annual cycle.
The names of all donors to the School will be published on an annual basis, unless you have previously requested for your support to remain anonymous.
All donors whose total gifts to the School amount to £10,000 (excluding any tax claimed by the School from HM Revenue & Customs) and above and all those who have made a legacy in their Will in favour of Cokethorpe School qualify for membership to the Peacock Society.
For certain projects there will be naming opportunities where the donor will be able to name the whole or part of a project (e.g. a building, room or bursary). The minimum donation for such an opportunity is £100,000 (excluding tax claimed by the School from HM Revenue & Customs), which can be spread over a period of up to five years. Unless otherwise stated in any literature all naming opportunities are by individual negotiation with the School.
Cokethorpe School pledges to our donors that:
- We will regularly publish information about the School’s objectives, activities and progress
- We will take into account your views as a donors
- All fundraising activity will be justified by a clear case for support
- If you wish for your donation to go towards a particular project, we will ensure that this happens
- If you request anonymity, we will treat your donation as confidential
- We will acknowledge your donation appropriately as soon as possible after we receive it
- We will publish a list of donors at least once per year
- We will confirm the naming of a building, part of a building or award after yourself or a person nominated by you before accepting any donation tied to naming
Cokethorpe School is registered with the Information Commissioner under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998. Cokethorpe School and the Cokethorpe Society will ensure that:
- Personal data is only used for the legitimate interests of Cokethorpe School and the Cokethorpe Society and does not unduly prejudice the rights and freedoms of the individual in question
- Personal data will be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998
- We will not process sensitive personal data without prior consent from the individual
- A hard copy of all data held on an individual will be made available following the receipt of a written request from the data subject, subject to exemptions
- Information processed is accurate, relevant, current, up-to-date and not excessive
- Personal data will be kept only for so long as is necessary for the specified purposes (but it should be noted that the Cokethorpe Society membership is lifetime membership)