Progress and Reporting

The setting of targets and the monitoring process in general are introduced to our Lower Sixth students within the first week of each new academic year.

Every student will calculate their minimum target grades based on the well-established and widely used ALPS data; the challenge is then set and the motivational drive of sharing high expectations is established from the very start.

Throughout the two years in Sixth Form students are closely monitored by their tutors and the Sixth Form Management Team to ensure that each individual achieves their very best and in many cases is supported to exceed expectations. 

All of this is achieved through a combination of regularly reported projected grades, tutor reports, assessments and Progress Review Evenings (PRE). 

Alongside the continuous feedback and monitoring provided by tutors and subject teachers there is a series of formalised events that provide structure to the whole process: 

Lower Sixth

Michaelmas Term

• Subject assessments and feedback 
  • Half term Tutor Reports - focusing on the student’s acclimatisation to the Sixth Form 
  • First Projected Grade and PRE - targets are set following detailed discussions with subject teachers
  • Mid-Year Assessments – formal examinations taken in The Shed followed by exam feedback report

Lent Term

• Potential retake of Mid-Year Assessments for selected students
  • Second Projected Grade and PRE - previous targets are reviewed and new ones set with discussions focusing heavily on preparation for the AS examinations in May/June

Summer Term

• Lower Sixth Report - a summary of progress to date and advice on the preparations needed before returning for the Upper Sixth

Upper Sixth

Michaelmas Term

• First PRE - discussions are focused around UCAS grades and targets are set following discussions with teachers
  • Half term First Projected Grade
  • End of term Second Projected Grade

Lent Term

• Mock Examinations – formal school examinations taken in The Shed followed by exam feedback report
  • Third Projected Grade and PRE - previous targets are reviewed and new ones set with discussions focusing heavily on preparation for the A2 examinations in June