Cokethorpe Society

As a recent Old Cokethorpean myself, following my retirement after 32 years of service at Cokethorpe, I would like to extend a very warm welcome to you.

You are most likely to be a former pupil or member of staff of Cokethorpe School, perhaps more excitingly, one with whom the School has until now lost contact.

The Cokethorpe Society is the former pupils', former staffs’ and former governors’ association (the Old Boys and Girls Club). The objectives of the Society are to improve links between former pupils and the School, to provide sporting and other social functions where members can meet, and to offer a degree of support for particular projects within the School itself, for the benefit of the present and future generations of students. We would also like to feel that the Society may be happy to foster relations between itself and current senior pupils, with a view to sharing with them its professional experiences. It may be that former pupils would be happy to come in and talk about their careers or indeed offer 'hands on' professional exposure to some of our senior students.

Generally speaking, former pupils will have contracted into the Society for five years and many have subsequently kept up a standing order. The current situation is that when students leave they now subscribe to a lifelong membership, which has automatically been extended to all other former Cokethorpe students.

Former pupils and staff receive regular communications from the School, mostly by email, including copies of our termly newsletter The Ocellus, as well as invitations to sporting, cultural, or social events. If you feel your contact details may be out of date please update them using our Update your Details Form. Please also check that any former pupils you know are receiving the termly Society mailing. Whilst the School expects the strength and spirit of the Cokethorpe Society to flourish and grow it is dependent on its former pupils to stay in touch.

We very much look forward to hearing your news and, indeed, meeting up again at one of our many functions.

My kind regards

Warwick H Daniels

Former Staff

The Cokethorpe Society is the former pupils', former staffs’ and former governors’ association. Warwick H Daniels