Higher Education and Careers

As part of the UCAS process, our Higher Education programme encourages students to develop the skills needed for life-long learning, as they learn about the world of Higher Education, university admissions and careers.

Advice for Sixth Form students comes in many forms. Sixth Form Tutors provide some of the most immediate guidance to students, complemented by course and skill search software to make the process efficient. The Sixth Form Tutors also monitor students’ progress through UCAS, the university application process. In addition, a structured programme of enrichment activities helps individuals develop interview and broader life skills. The University Admissions and Careers Advisor meets with every Lower Sixth student individually to help identify areas of interest, courses, and specialist university and careers advice.

Higher Education Fair

Every year the School hosts a Higher Education Fair that provides the opportunity for students to meet and discuss their options with representatives from a selected group of institutions. Throughout the evening there are a series of presentations from external organisations that cover a range of relevant topics. Previous presentations have included Gap Year Options, Studying Abroad and Student Finance.

Biennial University Admissions and Careers Fair

This fair enables students to explore the range of future career opportunities available to them, and find out from the experts what they need to do to beat the competition to be successful in their fields of interest. Previous exhibitors have included Cambridge University, University of Bath, English Heritage, Natwest Bank and the Royal Airforce.

Please email Mrs J Holmes, The University Admissions and Careers Advisor, if you have any further questions.